2.08.2012

Finally did it.

I have been wanting to make our own laundry soap for ages and this week I finally did it! It was so quick and so easy. All you need are these ingredients and some water:
And after a little simmering and mixing you get about 550 loads worth of detergent! It made both of these plus one more jar, which has already gone over to wash its first load. I think once we are in our house I may have to buy some cute glass jugs to store it in.
So far the clothes came out smelling nice and fresh. I can't wait for Emma to get nice and dirty playing outside to see how it works on that. I love that it is all-natural, and I will add so much cheaper than buying! Finally - why did I wait so long to do this. Pretty sure we will not go back!

1 comment:

  1. How fun, I love it too! I've got some other "home recipes" on our blog as well. Most are just in experimental stages for me...meaning I'm still tweaking to get the exact right amounts for cost savings, and our hard water. All I'm washing these days are muddy snow pants! Go play, Emma!!!

    ReplyDelete