8.25.2015

His story


This is my story
This is my song
Praising my Savior
All the day long

Lately I have been thinking a lot of our sons story.  How I will someday soon tell him of his story and why we have no baby pictures of him.  About his birth family and how he came to be adopted into our family.  
Jaden was adopted.  Was in the past tense because it is complete.  It is finished.  He is our son.  But still - his story is unique from our other two bio children.  My prayer is that he will grow to embrace his story, to live his life to the fullest, and to praise his Savior through it.  He may not have the start that all children have, but he is loved greatly and I truly believe God is going to use his story to impact lives around him.  
What a story and a picture of Gods goodness.  When I think of Jaden I think of Gods promise in John 14.18 - I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you.

I cant help but think of the many children out there who have a story of their own.  How does God want us to change that story to one of hope.  My story has changed as a result of opening my home to these precious little ones and I will certainly praise my Savior for how He has opened our eyes and hearts to this incredible need.  Some parts of our story we cannot choose, some we step out in faith not knowing where it will lead us.  
Either way it impacts our lives and makes us who we are today.  If you have ever considered adoption I would love to talk with you more about it.  Alone we cannot change the world but God can change a few through my family - and possibly yours... 

No comments:

Post a Comment