1.21.2012

Remembering His blessings

It is so hard to believe that it has been 6 months since we came to Deer Creek.
6 months ago we moved into here
and 6 months ago we learned about saying "Yes" to God, and "No" to many of our desires and longings. What a ride it has been! Sometimes it is unreal to me that we can be only 2 hours away from where we were yet life has changed dramatically. I will admit - more days than I would care to admit it have been hard and frustrating for me. I have spent many days not appreciating the place we have been given, but ready to have a house. But then when we take the time to step back and look at what God has done it is so so good.
What a provider! We have been given a safe place, rent free while we build our home. The ability to be here at camp has been so beneficial for Emma and I because we have gotten to know camp. This is our home, I can tell you where they keep the eggs, extra toilet paper, and Emma knows exactly where to get food to feed all the animals! It is such a blessing and so often I do not see it. As I was going back through a journal I found times when Matt and I prayed so specifically for this opportunity to be here - and here we are. God knew what He was doing - He still does!
Ps. 145.7 says "I will celebrate your abundance goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness."
I want to remember His goodness so that when I have a day that I am not thankful I can look back and remember. So that when I am complaining about a small place I can see His hand on it. So that I can look at other things that are more important. God is good - and we will live here longer - and are so grateful for it!

1 comment:

  1. love reading your blog....hope we can hang out before we move. gonna miss getting to know you guys better!

    ReplyDelete